The instructions for end users to integrate amberSearch as a Teams app are documented here.
This article is written for administrators. The article shows you how to install and enable the amberSearch Teams app within your Teams environment, so that a user can start a search from Teams.
Enabling the amberSearch Teams App in your organisation
The following steps will make amberSearch as an application available within the Teams Appstore. It will not yet install the Teamsapp in the environment of the users. To do this, please also complete steps mentioned under "adding the amberSearch Teams App to the users environment".
- Go to admin.teams.microsoft.com and log in with your admin account
- Navigate to Teams apps, then Manage apps
- Klick on Upload new appDownload the zip file amberSearch_teams_app_1_2_9.zip
- Upload the zipped folder in Teams in the modal as shown in the screenshot above
Teams has now been made available to the users of the selected groups but not yet been added to the Teams environment of the users.
Note: It may take a few minutes, until the amberSearch app will be available in the apps section in Teams.
To add amberSearch to the users Teams environment please follow the next steps:
Adding the amberSearch Teams App to the users environment
The following steps will add amberSearch as an App to the user Teams. This will increase the interactions with the app and make it even easier to access. Set up the following policy that pins amberSearch on the left side bar in the Teams Environment of the employees of your company.
- Navigate to Teams apps, then Setup policies
- Add a new policy
- Add the name amberSearch App Installation
- Activate user pinning
- Add amberSearch app as an installed app under Installed apps
- Click on Save
- Get back to Setup Policies and go to Group policy assignment
- Add new assignment.
- Select the user groups that are relevant for amberSearch (if all users of your company should use amberSearch, select All Company)
- Select the policy amberSearch App Installation (created in the previous steps)
- Apply and Confirm
The amberSearch Teams app is now installed for every user of the selected groups.
If you choose not to set up this policy users may install the amberSearch app individually by following this guide.